widgenstain said: H and Y please :)
H: Would you ever wear a “sexy” Halloween costume?
I might wear an outfit that others would consider sexy, but I would not buy or wear one of the manufactured “sexy” costumes that are almost all you can find for sale for women this time of year.
(PSA: Anyone who needs inspiration for creating an awesome Halloween costume based on kickass women, and is just in general appalled by the whole “sexy” costume trend, check out Take Back Halloween.)
Y: Top 3 favorite scary stories/books.
I’m not actually a fan of true horror, I enjoy things that are more spooky/macabre/gothic.
1. Oh My Goth! by Voltaire — a graphic novel collecting silly goth comics by gothic artist and musician Voltaire
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas
3. The first two Halloweentown movies
You like Voltaire? Guess who does too!
(me, black oval person is me :D)
gerec said: B, I, S
B:Favorite costume from past Halloweens?
I went as a Stepford wife that started to lose her human skin. Was kinda cool, plus I got to look pretty :D
I:Most ridiculous “sexy” costume you’ve seen?
Nothing out of the order really. I mean I went to a “Sexy Historical People” party when I was in Scotland but none of us really took the sexy too far. (I went as sexy Jane Austen in a vintage nightdress from the 70s that was longer than 99% of the dresses the girls wore to the clubs) Probably my flatmate’s black latex pants as sexy Michael Collins but then he wore them elsewhere too.
S:You’re in a zombie apocalypse. What’s your weapon of choice?
The “get-eaten-by-the-zombies” defense because I’d go insane in an environment like that. Or the baseball bat with the nails in it.
excellent questions gerec
traumschwinge said: E R and V
E:Top 3 non-scary Halloween movies.
Mmmmm, Casper, Edward Scissorhands and the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I was going to say Nightmare Before Christmas but that’s technically a Christmas movie, right? (so is ES thinking on it…)
R:You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
THE FIRST TO DIE!! (Seriously, I would be so useless in those movies)
V:Trick or treating: how old is too old?
I’m gonna be a buzzkill here and say that trick or treating gets weird if you’re older than 12/13. (Not that i ever went, it’s not done around here.)
- A: What are you being for Halloween this year?
- B: Favorite costume from past Halloweens?
- C: Do you still go trick or treating?
- D: Top 3 favorite scary movies.
- E: Top 3 non-scary Halloween movies.
- F: Do you watch Halloween specials on TV?
- G: What was your first Halloween costume?
- H: Would you ever wear a "sexy" Halloween costume?
- I: Most ridiculous "sexy" costume you've seen?
- J: Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
- K: Favorite candy to find in your trick or treat bag?
- L: Candy or other goodies that make you want to cut a bitch when someone gives them to you?
- M: Any Halloween traditions?
- N: Have you ever been tricked on Halloween?
- O: Costumes: make or buy?
- P: Have you ever pulled a Halloween prank?
- Q: Do you believe in ghosts?
- R: You're in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
- S: You're in a zombie apocalypse. What's your weapon of choice?
- T: Costumes: scary, sexy, or funny?
- U: You're a ghost. How do you spend Halloween?
- V: Trick or treating: how old is too old?
- W: Do you pass out candy on Halloween?
- X: Do you go trick or treating even when it's raining?
- Y: Top 3 favorite scary stories/books.
- Z: Trick or treat?
One thing I love about In The Flesh, or most british/european TV shows in general as opposed to american shows, is that it’s not all perfectly high gloss. They live in normal houses and wear normal clothes. Not every single person on screen is super beautiful and sexy and dressed to the nines all day even though they’re just chilling on the couch.
Kieren’s parents look like parents. They aren’t some supermodel version of your mum and dad. Sue wears horrible mum clothes and no makeup. Steven has his grannish jeans.
Basically everyone in Roarton wears the most hideous clothes ever but that’s how people from a small village look like.
Simon is the sexy mysterious love interest but he doesn’t look like an Abercrombie model.
It’s more real, more tangible. It’s closer to what you actually see in your everyday life. They don’t sell you some idealised version of your life just one slightly more adventurous.